OTHER SPINE CONDITIONS
Other Spine Conditions
Q & A
OTHER CONDITIONS WE TREAT
When you visit our office, you can be confident that you will be personally treated by Dr. Giordano or Dr. Nachwalter. Both doctors are fellowship-trained spine specialists with extensive experience diagnosing and treating a wide range of spinal conditions. Our surgeons treat many spinal problems in addition to the ones listed.
- Spondylolisthesis occurs when one vertebra slips forward over the one below it. This condition typically causes pain in the low back and legs.
- Spondylolysis is spinal osteoarthritis and the most common cause of spondylolisthesis.
- Cervical radiculopathy is a general name for pain caused by injury or inflammation of the cervical nerves (neck pain). Causes include cervical disc herniation, cervical spinal stenosis or cervical degenerative disc disease. Symptoms include neck pain and pain radiating down one or both arms. This condition can cause weakness of the arms or hands as well.
- Cervical spinal stenosis is caused by narrowing of the spinal column or spinal nerve passageways. This condition causes symptoms in the neck, shoulder and arm that may include pain, weakness and numbness.
- Cervical myelopathy is a term used to describe symptoms related to spinal cord compression in the neck that causes a gradual loss of control in arms and legs.
For answers to common questions about the spine, review our Spinal FAQs section.