REVISION SPINE SURGERY
Revision Spine Surgery
Q & A
What are the reasons for revision spine surgery?
At our practice in New Jersey, revision spine surgery is performed to relieve pain and enhance quality of life for patients who are having problems after a previous spine surgery. There is a wide variety of reasons revision surgery may be recommended including:
- Original diagnosis was incorrect
- Spinal Fusion did not heal properly
- Improper placement of spinal implants
- Disc becomes herniated again after discectomy
- Adjacent disc degenerates
- Spinal instability
- Infection in the surgical area
As specialists in minimally invasive surgical techniques, our surgeons often perform revision surgery through small incisions with reduced trauma to surrounding tissues and muscles.